Minor tune suggestion - orbs

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

sulakrin

Minor tune suggestion - orbs

Post by sulakrin »

In the case of light and dark orbs, I think it'd be a good idea to have orb magic discipate when you die.
osma

Post by osma »

makes sense with many spells. some like life boost on other people might live on after your death, but others like many boost spells on other people, and spells that affect the body (now corpse) should not continue.
allanon

Post by allanon »

I'm not sure I understand the logic here.

A) Why would you want the orb to disappear? It's not that much trouble to 'shake orb' when you want them to go away...

B) Since the orb is really an "object", not an "effect", then I see no reason why it shouldn't remain in your possession after death (afaik, mage's Dorwyan daggers stay with you when you die, and that's a similar scenario). Unless you're suggesting we start having other items/eq/money stay on corpse when we die...*shudders and remembers Aardwolf-mud*
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 160 character limit.
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

Well i dont know about death, but orbs and some other spells might be canceled upon reinc. It has happened to me before that i reinc from a shadowdancer to someting else and wonder for like 20 minutes why this new race cant see sh**, only to discover i still have shadowdancer darkness in my inventory.

But Allanon is right, its not hard to just shake the orbs. I think its not even against the rules much if you write a trigger to shake orbs when you get ress, not sure why you would tho.