Blackjack ban or limit

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

kniga
Supporting Member 2006

Blackjack ban or limit

Post by kniga »

I'm not sure if there has been already discussion about somekind of blackjack ban or limit how much you can play during one reboot? Or if you play too much you could get state "Addicted to gambling" shown in "score", or something like that? Your charachter sometimes could start to throw away money etc.. (There is similar state in other mud I know) I'm not sure about
other players but I am tired of losing all my money :) (records show -~17000000 silver so far!) :D
YEAH I KNOW, I should stay away! 8) But still very often I find my self there when I have nothing
else to do.. And it is very, VERY bad place to regen.. :D
Last edited by kniga on Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
kraven
Supporting Member 2012

well well....

Post by kraven »

if you have addiction irl..its your problem mud does not need to put any limitations how much ppl wanna gamble...its up to you.
kniga
Supporting Member 2006

Post by kniga »

Well I dont have any problems in irl, i dont even remember when I have
touched machine where reads RAY on it. When I turn over 60-> then I start stand front of slotsmachine all day, cause nothing else to do.
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

I second this idea.

A self setable limit or ban for gambling would be helpful. Similar to reincban and freeze this might help some lost souls force themselves to do the right thing.
allanon

Post by allanon »

Or you could just set a flag which lets them play as much blackjack as they want but they never keep any profits. That might be even more effective. 8)
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 160 character limit.
idles
Site Admin

Post by idles »

I'm afraid you really need to learn to set your own limits and keep them. There will be no functionality to do it for you :twisted:
Icesus Administration