Hunting skills

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

osma

Hunting skills

Post by osma »

I will be the first to say that i have not played all the guilds, but i have played a good many of them, and i have noticed that rangers are the primere hunters in the game, closely followed by shapeshifters. With their many skills, such as animal lore, wilderness tact., trapping and archery/throwing, they are best suited to the work. however, the skills most closely affiliated with hunting (carving, skinning, leatherworking, hunting) are not available to them through their guilds. shure, they could join master hunters, but that is another problem because of the "wasted" levels in survivors.

Theirfore, my idea is this: 1. add carving, skinning, (hunting, and leatherworking) to the ranger skill set, or 2. change the requirements for master hunters to [3 levels of Survivalist Guild and/or 10 levels of Rangers Guild]

P.S. note: yes i understand that these skills are also either easily trainable and/or talents. However, talents that are trained through NPC's cannot use the guild experence used when reincarnating (free guild exp). This requires an inordinant amount of level exp being used to return the new charecter to their previous skill levels. this would still be required for most players, but rangers can legitimitly be considered to have access to these skills through their training. Afterall, what self respecting ranger goes to hunt deer without knowing how to eat what he kills (carving).
felgand

Post by felgand »

I think a better solution would be to make the Survival guild levels useful.
iluth

Post by iluth »

felgand wrote:I think a better solution would be to make the Survival guild levels useful.
I hope you mean useful by adding new skills or content which cannot be gotten elsewhere, rather than taking all the current talents and changing them to skills, forcing people to take survival levels. The survival guild definitely has a lot of potential for new skills to be added, people should *want* to join these small sub-guilds not be forced to because they are essential for the daily grind of playing, that is what main guild levels provide.

The leatherworking system was taken and botched in the same way when turning it into a guild because echcua couldn't think of original content to make the guild appealing.
dunn

Post by dunn »

I think a better question is, can survival levels be made any less useful?
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

beware what you say, they might take it as a challenge.