HEY HEY HEY! MY IDEA! WANNA HEAR ABOUTS IT?!

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

diu
Supporting Member 2016

HEY HEY HEY! MY IDEA! WANNA HEAR ABOUTS IT?!

Post by diu »

I HAVE THIS GREAT IDEA LIKE WHERE IS LAZERZ AND PANDAS AND NINJAS AND AND BUT ABOUT THAT LATER!!...

THIS MEAN WHILE:

EVERY EVENT WOULD HAVE LIKE EVENTPOINTS! AND EVERT EVENT YOU GO YOU GET EVENT POINTS: MULPLIER FOR IF YOU ARE 1ST OR 2ND OR 3TH + HOW LONG THE EVENT IS ETC.

BUT WITH LIKE THOSE EVENTPOINTS, EVENTUALLY YOU COLLECT PLENTY OF THEM LIKE 10K. AND THEN THERE WOULD BE THIS VENDOR WHO SELLS STUFF. STUFF. YEAH STUFF! AND YOU NEED TO PAY THAT EVENTPOINTVENDOR WITH EVENT POINTS!

THERE COULD BE LIKE TOKENS FOR:

Frei [wanted]: a way to redo pdf blessings(not through reincing)

TOKEN TO REDO PDF BLESSINGS WITHOUT REINCING
TOKEN TO REDO PROF LEVELS WITHOUT REINCIN
ETC!!!

OMG IT WOULD BE GREAT!

+ MAYBE MORE PEOPLE PARTICIPING EVENTS!

+ I WANT HUNT/FISHING EVENTS THAT LAST FOR LIKE 30MIN BUT YOU NEED TO HUNT/FISH (RANDOM ANIMAL/FISH SPECIES)

MUST BE POSTED IN CAPS CUZ SO AWESOME IDEA!
solar
Supporting Member 2020

Post by solar »

I KNO RITE?!

IM ALL IN FOR PPPL PARTICIPATING IN THEM EEVFENTS BUT ID ALSO KLIKE TO HAVE HUTNING AND FISHING EVENTS GIVE A SPECIAL REWARD FOR THE INDIVIDUAL WHO HUNTS/FISJES THE LARGEST CATCH DURING THE EVENT, GIVE HIM/HER LIKE A SHARD OF THE RELEVANT SKILL OR SUMOPTHINGS.

SO THAT THE ONE WHO FISHES THE 10035KG MEGALOBSTER WOULD GET A SHARD, EVEN IF ALL THE OTHER CATCHES HE MAKES ARE BLEAKS AND HE DOES NOT EVEN RANK IN THE TOP_%.

TL;DR

People participating in events is always a plus. But I'd also like hunters/fishers who make the most significant single catch to get something for it.
Internet tough guy

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.
mumzy
Wizard

Post by mumzy »

I like the idea, but certain events are won nearly always by the same individual character. He/She would pack up points (you in fishing naturally) but what about the average joe? Or are u implying that by just participating you get some points?

Impress me with detailed event points distribution by known events(take also in mind different setups for events i.e. Hunt and fish event) Should there be a time after which you get the points or what would 'trigger' the event points distribution in different events? After that we can continue the conversation (caps or no caps).
diu
Supporting Member 2016

Post by diu »

I would like to see more people taking part on events, since nowadays lots of events are cancelled.

(07:38) Vuruk (event-info): I will be holding a dart throwing contest in the Double Dragon inn at Vaerlon. The contest will begin in ten minutes!
(07:48) Vuruk (event-info): Bah, the event has been cancelled. I need at least three players.

More people make events more fun, challenging and thrilling.

Personally I like that anyone attending event gets something. Longer the event is, more rewards you should get, and even more if you are active whole event.

I like the idea Solar was telling earlier about that fishing event, that there should be price for fisher who manages to catch biggest fish during event. That could be eventpoint bonus for fishing event.
There could be same kind of reward for biggest hunted animal too for hunt event.
There could be eventpoint reward too for one player that is randomly selected who was doing event, just for carrot for people to join events.

1. Monster spotting:

x ammount of eventpoints for every spotted animal.
x ammount of points for random player that was taking a part in event.
+event_multiplier for players that did whole event.

2. Astug's fishing event/Hunting event:

x ammount of eventpoints for every hunted kg/fishing point.
x ammount of eventpoints for player who catches biggest fish/biggest hunted animal

3. Arena
4. Archery/Dart/Ice Holdem Tournament:

x ammount of eventpoints for every point you score.
x ammount of points for random player that was taking a part in event.

5. Vizra's sorrow:

x ammount of eventpoints for every rat you kill.
If there really is nice ammount of newbies add random reward too. Little players need chocolate too.

6. Battle of Elements/Giant Rampage/Deep Chasm

Not really sure how to think these. Maybe trigger from dealing damage/healing party members? Or return heads or killing adds?

7. Orienteering contest:

This event should be awarted some how the more points you get the faster you run this event. Trigger from stamping ticket.

x ammount of eventpoints for every stamp ticket.
x ammount of points for random player that was stamping atleast ticket(s).
Extra points for top 3.

8. Scavenger hunt game:

x ammount of eventpoints for every disc pick.
x ammount of points for random player that picked at least x disc(s).

9. Gnome feast:

x ammount of eventpoints for every meat piece.
x ammount of points for random player that brought meat.
(Is it possible to give extra bonus for hunted meats? Or extra bonus for some other meat than boa meat. Or ignore boa meat, to prevent point farming for first person to pick boa meats.)

10. Stolen book
11. Troll menace:

x ammount of eventpoints for dealing damage on troll/healing party members.
x ammount of points for random player that damaged/healed.
+event_multiplier for players that damaged/healed atlest x ammount of.

12. Footrace:

x ammount of eventpoints for every crossing you go where is arrow. Faster you get there more points you get.
x ammount of points for random player that crossed atleast one crossing.
+event_multiplier for players that crossed atlest 3 crossing points.

13. Worship:

x ammount of eventpoints for every worshipped altar.
x ammount of points for random player that worshipped most.
(Does this event ever end? There are always some altars left untill next boot or am I wrong?)

14. Hug event:
x ammount of eventpoints for every hugged player.
x ammount of points for player that hugged most.
x ammount of points for random player that hugged atleast x many players.

[20:37] Grainer tells you 'hug-eventtiin vois lisätä bonuspisteitä pelaajalle, joka pysyttelee kaikkein kauimpana muista koko eventin ajan :D'.
For non-finnish: bonus points for player who is most far off from others whole event.
[20:38] Grainer tells you 'Elder Grainer, the lonesome hermit.'.
Last edited by diu on Fri May 24, 2013 20:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
diu
Supporting Member 2016

Post by diu »

Could gather here some ideas for items you could buy with those points:

BOXES THAT DROP FROM PRESTIGE MONSTERS
TOKEN TO REDO PDF BLESSINGS WITHOUT REINCING
TOKEN TO REDO PROF LEVELS WITHOUT REINCING
DESIGNS! HERB / MUSHROOM / FLOWER CONTAINER etc...
VIALS HP / MANA / EP / HPR / SPR / EPR etc..
Last edited by diu on Mon May 20, 2013 20:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grainer
Supporting Member 2015

Post by grainer »

I was thinking about sliding starting times but it might be too hard/impossible to code reasonably.

What I mean was for example in orienteering contest you'd have 30 minutes to start your journey, and your timer starts when you get the ticket from the npc. Then the three fastest ones would get rewards, so you could start even if you log in in the middle of the event. Now you'll just have to go 'bummer, I wish I had logged in 15 mins earlier, cuz now I have no chance in the event anymore'. If this is implementable, it could work in orienteering/hunting/fishing/monster spotting events.

On another note, it'd be great if there was a special reward for the player that stays the furthest away from other players during the hug event (measured for example in number of rooms to the nearest player). Maybe a special (forced?) title like "lonesome hermit" :P
torsbo

Post by torsbo »

Some small upgrades to certain events also:
Small df-reward on every token you return in scavenger hunt.
Small df-reward on every stamp you tick in orienteering.

Oh and also to hunting/fishing events:
The more types you catch/hunt, the more x reward.
solar
Supporting Member 2020

Post by solar »

Not sure if balanced enough a reward for spending event points, but I've long wished for a RESIZE COUPON. You could have npc smith resize one piece of equipment for no charge by spending one resize coupon.

So, it could be worth 5m in-game money if you spend it on an expensive heavy armour piece.

I thought I'd see if it could be an event reward for some future event in case I ever wizzed and decided to code an event, but I won't hold it against anyone if these found their way to the game sooner than that.
Internet tough guy

mumzy
Wizard

Post by mumzy »

So to come back to this discussion:
How would you value the certain items which you could buy with event points? i.e how many points they would cost? Assume: 3 from winning and 2 next etc. Or similar prize range.

-resize coupon
-recharge coupon(immediately to fullest)
-box drop
-random shard
-various containers
-pdf blessing renewals
-potion sacks with different potions
-x amount of specific ingredients
Etc etc.
solar
Supporting Member 2020

Post by solar »

mumzy wrote:-resize coupon
As a general guideline, resize cost is, at most, 5m silver.
mumzy wrote:-recharge coupon(immediately to fullest)
This is mostly a convenience item if you mean magic glow from X glow -> intense glow, so let's say 1 event point, since it is not an eternal magic shard.
mumzy wrote:-box drop
Box can yield some pretty decent loot, including treasure maps which can yield even more decent loot, so this is the most useful reward of the items here so far.
mumzy wrote:-random shard
Luck of the draw, you can get 100m+ shard, or 'df' shard. Cheaper than a box, though.
mumzy wrote:-various containers
various costs :)
Old ungettable chest (since it can store a metric fuckton of stuff and goes inside a locker) would have a cost of almost infinity and beyond.
mumzy wrote:-pdf blessing renewals
Useful one. On par with resize coupon.
mumzy wrote:-potion sacks with different potions
Might benefit some, but potions being what they are, mostly a meh. Especially if it is a non-saving container (potions need to be stored in a vial container to save over boot). 2? Or are we talking about very special potions, such as +exprate potion?
mumzy wrote:-x amount of specific ingredients
Does not sound very useful, unless you really want the ingredients for tanning gel and can't be bothered to go collect the shrooms. 1?

Reinc-tax removal potion might be a good addition.
Internet tough guy

mumzy
Wizard

Post by mumzy »

Dunno if this should be karma related but how about a thing that relinquishes all blessings and grants half or so of the pdf spent on them back?
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

losing all pdf blessings and getting just half back isn't going to be useful at all, but that would be useful for df. being able to redo the pdf blessings could be useful.

On a slightly off subject, being able to check how many tokens you've gotten and where they were in the scavenger hunt would be useful, possibly also a couple hints on random scavenger hunt locations, after a set amount of time, say 2 hours?