Fire priests?

Talk about guilds and classes.

Moderator: Moderators

artic
Supporting Member 2005

Fire priests?

Post by artic »

Im pretty sure that once upon a time they will also be added to icesus. Does any wizard already have a general idea what they are going to be? It has been mentioned in some older topics, that they might be summoners aswell and summon demons. Is there any truth in that?

Anyway today i had a good idea for a fire-priest spell. Its called 'control of flames'. It would require a sorce of fire in the room ( a campfire, torch, oil-lamp etc). In battle the priest would cast control of flames at enemy and depending of the skill/masteries/spell % sparks, darts, bolts or balls of fire would start to fly from the sorce of fire at the enemy. That would of course drain the flames of fuel really fast and also the size of the fire-source would matter too- you cant shoot balls of flame out of a small torch, now can you.
Praised be the god of fire, may he bless me and my dark brethren with the warmth, and save me from the light of hes holy flames.
etadan

Moo

Post by etadan »

help perform
Perform rite of [success | power | summoning]
<skipped>
- Perform a rite of summoning. This special type of rite is only known by priests of fire who use it in summoning of demons. This rite needs a heart of a living creature andan in active summoning circle.
Priests need free divine favors and magic users need magic in physical form when performing a rite.
Beyond good..
belannaer
Wizard

Post by belannaer »

There will actually 2 different fire priests. One from Zaltaiz and one from me. Z is going to continue on those when he finishes coven and you'll have to wait my part for a long time ;)

My part = demons
Zaltaiz's = something else, you'll see ;)
tilamond

Post by tilamond »

I have a nice spell for them, its taken from the warcraft 3 game though: Immolation, a spell cast on friendly melee figures, team mates or summoned, and it will deal fire damage on the enemy that melee attack it.
it may also be an good ability that some of the demons have also, but they dont cast it on others and it is on all the time from summoned to its anihilation.

just something I thought of when I saw this post :twisted:
tilamond

Post by tilamond »

and how can I "see" that? I have no access to templar's stuff
janeti
Supporting Member 2006

Spell

Post by janeti »

Then it shouldn't be difficult to implement, and it is presumably supplied to the Templars by the Fire God.
felgand

Post by felgand »

The point that Allanon is making is that guilds should have as unique as possible. If you're placing a new spell into a guild that's exactly the same as an existing spell...why in the world would someone play the new guild if it's going to be more of the same? :P In the overall scheme, a mud that offers many unique and well-made characters tends to hold folks' interests for longer and you have a better game.
janeti
Supporting Member 2006

Difference

Post by janeti »

I've never understood "difference for the sake of difference". If a spell fits two guilds why shouldn't it be in both. The rest of the guild skills/spells should be more than enough to maintain a unique flavour for the new guild (if it doesn't why bother with the guild).

I'm not saying that this spell would or should fit with the Fire Priests, after all I don't know anything about the rest of their spells, skills or ethos.
solar
Supporting Member 2020

I agree

Post by solar »

I agree with Janeti : "If a spell fits two guilds why shouldn't it be in both. The rest of the guild skills/spells should be more than enough to maintain a unique flavour for the new guild (if it doesn't why bother with the guild). "
Internet tough guy

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.
etadan

Moo

Post by etadan »

From help world history:
"The Templars, after being initiated, then received training from priests of all five elements, and thus they were able to cast spells of all elements."

Thus templars can have skills/spells from any/all priesthoods(including air), somewhat weakned naturally, since they don't concentrate on that one element.
Thus(imo) it's not the question whether fire priests can have something like element barrier, for all we know, it might be that firepriest taught templars the spell in the first place.
And please, no requests(read as 'whining') that templars should now have some spell from air priest.

P.S. Wrote during sever lack of coffee
Beyond good..
felgand

Post by felgand »

While looking at the spells air priests have and air templars, it's quite obvious that Galiere has gone to great lengths to create unique abilities for the templar guild that are not simply pure copies of air priest spells. I'd daresay that is part of the reason why templars have been a consistantly popular guild since their return to Icesus. I've personally nothing wrong with giving fire priests a method for retributive damage...but it should absolutely not be an exact copy of what templars already have...you're dooming the guild to mediocrity and uniformity if you do so.