6th aspects for gaesati

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

belannaer
Wizard

6th aspects for gaesati

Post by belannaer »

I think it's time to code these but I could use some ideas for some of them. I've got serpent and spiders pretty much covered but few others are kinda hazy at the moment.

If you have any nice ideas for them please post them here, drop me a tell or mudmail or something. Good ideas will get rewarded as usual.
osma

Post by osma »

For wolf, Puppy.
(background: Puppy was my ranger's nickname for the dire winter-wolf that was about 5 foot at the shoulder. D&D npc)

For cat: Uber-pussy
(background: buddy's mount. Dire Tiger that had better Bab then he did. Basicly a Tiger that is as big as a warhorse.)

For tree: Those Ent from LotR.

For bear: War-bear (from The golden compass.
(Intelegent bears that are expert metalworkers and like to fight. Basicly polar bears that wear full plate armor.)

(No Yoz, these are not serious attempts. However, some of them might be intresting to see.)
yoz
Supporting Member 2009

Post by yoz »

osma wrote:For wolf, Puppy.
(background: Puppy was my ranger's nickname for the dire winter-wolf that was about 5 foot at the shoulder. D&D npc)

For cat: Uber-pussy
(background: buddy's mount. Dire Tiger that had better Bab then he did. Basicly a Tiger that is as big as a warhorse.)

For tree: Those Ent from LotR.

For bear: War-bear (from The golden compass.
(Intelegent bears that are expert metalworkers and like to fight. Basicly polar bears that wear full plate armor.)

(No Yoz, these are not serious attempts. However, some of them might be intresting to see.)
You fail in funny. You fail in life.
solar
Supporting Member 2020

Post by solar »

Cat: <X> Smilodon (sabre-tooth tiger, yeah, it might not fit the theme, or have any kind of funky special, but it would have a large size and a powerful bite)

Might need to add some funky adjective in place of <X> and make it suitably powerful from the 5th aspect.
Internet tough guy

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.
torvus

Post by torvus »

(It's Kerral By the way)
Two ideas for trees.

Yggdrasil Seedling:
(Just an example for a description)
Whomever thought to name this a seedling was sorely mistaken, or holds a different perception of the tree. Spawn of the World Tree itself, this massive ash tree blots out the sun with it's thick canopy of leaves and outstretching branches. The trunk itself is massive, the bark feeling like iron to the touch. You are tempted to try and pry a piece off with a knife; that is untill you realize that it is moving of it's own accord.
Special:
The world tree in mythology connected all life together, thus I was thinking that it could increase the abilities of any other Gaesati who is currently in a party, increasing the chance of a mastery special, or adding resistances.

Tangler Tree:
(Just an example for a description)
The tree itself looks rather peaceful at first glance, the area around it looking tempting to simply relax beneath it's branches. But what branches? Suddenly you realize that this is a Tangler, a predatorial tree with tentacles for it's limbs and a oriface that opens as it realizes you discovered it's trap. The mouth of the tree has no teeth, but instead simply is filled with a deadly acid.
Special:
Tentacles instead of branches = pretty much the same thing, with a different name
Acid Bath - The Tangler latches onto your body with its tentacles and drags you towards its mouth dumping you inside. Damage is done over time and the mob would randomly escape.
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

For wolf: Cerberus, the three-headed dog of the god of the underworld. special could be a capacity to do some of the special pack tactics by itself.

For bear (I don't know if this has been used yet): Behemoth. perhaps not a bear, but a massive implacable thing.

For spider: Tarasque, a six legged monster with a heavy shell and a scorpion sting on its tail. Not a spider, closer to being a dragon. Extremely dangerous.

For tree, I actually liked the Yggdrasil Seedling idea, not many named trees in mythology that I know of.

For snake: Leviathan, is the sea counterpart for the Behemoth, reputed to be the greatest of all sea monsters. The Leviathan is envisioned as a giant serpent dragon. Extremely powerful, almost unkillable.

For feline: Black leopard, hard to see very quick, like a fleeting shadow. One of it's special abilities is to often take enemies by surprise when attacking them, perhaps another could be a natural move silently ability, where for no extra drain on ep it always moves silently.
osma

Post by osma »

Both tree ideas of kerral are excelent. Xanth referance with the tangle tree, but still cool.
hors
Supporting Member 2009

Post by hors »

for bear imho it would make sense to change 5th to something new and move behemoth to 6th.
klarh
Supporting Member 2008

Post by klarh »

Last bear aspect is already ironshred behemoth.

The problem with coming up with new shifter aspects is, most of the biggest ones already sound so MASSIVE and superduper that there can't really be anything greater than them...
torvus

Post by torvus »

Yeah :D, it seemed to fit the role of what was needed pretty well.
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

how about instead of a specific new aspect, they gain the capacity to pick and chose parts, even have all the bonuses of each.

EDIT probably a very bad idea, but I felt the need to put it out there
torvus

Post by torvus »

That would imply that each part of the aspect was coded seperatly instead of altogether.
Aswell, what would the point be? People would just come along and discover the 'superawesome' combination and noone would ever differ from it.
May aswell just give them a 'superawesome' combination and save some coding.
suron

Post by suron »

Dunno anything about current aspects but instead of going bigger, badder and balder (ahhaha). Maybe think about spesific purpose for the aspect. For example the bear/dog aspect could be a traveling aspect which would minimalize ep drain for terrain enabling them to travel really long distances without resting. Another aspect would be really good at hunting.

Utility aspect ftw. this way you don't have to worry about exp rates!
yoz
Supporting Member 2009

Post by yoz »

suron wrote:Dunno anything about current aspects but instead of going bigger, badder and balder (ahhaha). Maybe think about spesific purpose for the aspect. For example the bear/dog aspect could be a traveling aspect which would minimalize ep drain for terrain enabling them to travel really long distances without resting. Another aspect would be really good at hunting.

Utility aspect ftw. this way you don't have to worry about exp rates!
The forms already lose ridicilously low amount of endurance when they run on roads/wilderness whatever. (atleast, cat/wolf does, dunno bout the rest)

And, having a travel form would be too much of an wow-clone, don't you think?
suron

Post by suron »

I spesifically avoided using the term 'travel form'!

And while you can link any idea in some shape or form to warcraft the ideas might have been around long before they became property of blizzard. However the 'travel aspect' was just a term I used....blahblahaah blhaalahaalaablaah (excuses excuses) blahblah blah, to make it more easily understandable. Sorry I'll get me coat...

Werewolf! ...naah