Mansions

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

goderic

Post by goderic »

khade wrote:I think that there should be something set up so that you can put down money towards your mansion, say 1m - 5m at a time, so that you don't have to focus totally on it and can put money into it as you have it.
I disagree. That'd just litter the game with hundreds of unfinished mansions that never go anywhere. We already have a bank, use that!
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

I wasn't actually thinking like a down payment for a house, I was just thinking a separate account where you could place the money for the mansion until you have enough to start it, I would probably need it since I am notoriously bad at keeping money, I see something cool when I get 1-2m available and its suddenly gone. I guess just putting the money in the bank would probably work for the most part.
yoz
Supporting Member 2009

Post by yoz »

I like the mansion idea, so far most of the suggestions seem pretty decent. I would not make rifts in mansions tho. Maybe oneway ticket rifts for the mansion owner, but no one else.
khade wrote:I wasn't actually thinking like a down payment for a house, I was just thinking a separate account where you could place the money for the mansion until you have enough to start it, I would probably need it since I am notoriously bad at keeping money, I see something cool when I get 1-2m available and its suddenly gone. I guess just putting the money in the bank would probably work for the most part.
You really just have to learn how to save cash. The whole point is that it costs big bulk of cash when bought. It should be painful and hard to be able to get yourself a mansion.
goderic

Post by goderic »

yoz wrote:I like the mansion idea, so far most of the suggestions seem pretty decent. I would not make rifts in mansions tho. Maybe oneway ticket rifts for the mansion owner, but no one else.
Certainly not public rifts, although I wouldn't rule out the mansion's owner being able to drift with a party to the mansion.
belannaer
Wizard

Post by belannaer »

Everything in the mansion is only usable by the owner and his secondary. Few exceptions apply to some of the modules that maybe also used by the people who the mansion owner has allowed to and some might also require that the person who wants to use some of the mansion's services "owns" one of the guest rooms in the mansion. If you want to house every and each of your party members in your mansion and allocate precious room space for them sure, why not.
goderic

Post by goderic »

So - how are the mansions coming along? Should I be planning my housewarming party yet?
cezar
Supporting Member 2010

Post by cezar »

So, can I stop holding my breath now ? It is beginning to hurt a little.

Sarcasm aside, is there an ETA on this project ?
douhnin
Supporting Member 2011

Post by douhnin »

Is this project still in the works?! Nearing the year and a half mark since it was mentioned.

Bring on the awesome!
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

It's still got nothing on how long the fire priests had, as far as I can tell.
ndarr

Post by ndarr »

All in good time I assume ;) I'd better have it take as long as it takes if it results in quite bugfree code where your precious items you store in your mansion don't dissappear all of a sudden.
goderic

Post by goderic »

ndarr wrote:All in good time I assume ;) I'd better have it take as long as it takes if it results in quite bugfree code where your precious items you store in your mansion don't dissappear all of a sudden.
Agreed. How many of us have lost huts just like this?