mastery notifications

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

osma

mastery notifications

Post by osma »

Under the scion guild, whenever you gain a mastery you are given a specific notice, usually a simple "your mastery of xxx has increased" or something like that.

This is in many ways helpful, especialy if you are like me and you check your masteries compulsivly in order to find out what does and does not effect masteries. If you kiss someone, and your blood mastery goes up, well i guess that means kiss of death effects blood mastery.

I would like to see this implimented in all the guilds, especialy guilds like rangers and any other guild where there are many and/or complex diffrent masteries to increase.
solar
Supporting Member 2020

Pen is, ok?

Post by solar »

Aye, feedback is always useful.

It can be triggered to maybe form some sort of chart. So this mastery rose from X to Y in 436346 maneuvers etc. That's part of the fun, I guess, to try to figure things out.

Now that we're at this topic, I would like to point out that simple <learning> at halfway point between the mastery percentages is a little bit too vanilla (ducks for cover!), when it could be so much more fun to watch (systems of templars/wilders, maybe even shadowdancers)... Of course, it all comes down to convincing someone to make these changes, which is pretty much impossible (without blackmailing or bribing!)

Also, boobs.
Internet tough guy

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.
belannaer
Wizard

Post by belannaer »

Both of the ideas are very easy to add to most of the guilds since they share simimilar mastery daemon code (old and tried mage mastery code) so it's just a bit of copy&paste hacksawing it together and applying it to them. Problem is of course with the guilds that have different kind of mastery daemon, like rangers, who I don't think anyone wants to poke too much.
osma

Post by osma »

Please excuse the inconvenience, it seems that Osma is unavailable for comment. Someone mentioned ranger mastery being "messed up" and/or "difficult" and it sent him into a raging fit of insanity where he screams "deceptive contraptions is evil" and "death to the infidel trap masteries that dont work".

Please try again at a later time. Thank you.
goderic

Post by goderic »

Funny thing: my power over undead mastery raised whilst I was meditating! Perhaps the sp drain of a minion is, in itself, what raises that mastery.
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

I've understood that to be the case, in regards to power over undead. Mastery of necromancy though is supposed to come from the minion getting exp, the more and faster you kill, the more exp goes into it and the faster it raises.