Training Grounds

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

khade
Supporting Member 2013

Training Grounds

Post by khade »

I had an idea just a few hours ago, that might be useful: Have a training ground that people can practice lbd skills in, they don't get any exp but they don't get stuck in a fight. Skills could only be learned to a specific amount while there, melee up to maybe 60, throwing up to 50, mastery of throwing to 20, archery up to 50.
You wouldn't be able to learn skills like wounding or stunning, or the secondary throwing skills like shocking throw, piercing hurl or vital points, since those require actually damaging the target in specific ways and couldn't be easily done in a training facility. The place could also be useful for getting a feel for what damage you could do with a skill. Probably the place would have to have a bonus to lbd while there.

I don't know what group would set it up, but the Army is probably a good candidate for it, and I wouldn't really be surprised if members of whatever guild is in charge of the grounds could lbd to a higher amount.
goderic

Post by goderic »

I'd sooner tweak existing rooms for something like this. Playing darts to LBD throwing, archery on the range naturally, and the shadowdancer combat dummies for melee.
I'd cap them a bit lower though, say 30-40% Anything higher should be LBDd by real combat.
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

I don't think the melee should be in the shadowdancer guild, the army could have a training room that uses dummies or pells to train skills that can be accessed, with a little fee, by anyone. I agree on the skill maxes and the use of already existing rooms though. It would be a good idea to have a small amount of backstab that can be lbd in the shadowdancer guild using dummies, though.