temporary attribute save command

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

phadreous
Supporting Member 2012

temporary attribute save command

Post by phadreous »

With this command one can save temporary attributes (minion, runes, blood, souls, etc.) they gain over one log-out. When this command is entered a confirmation warning will appear, if the player selects yes all temporary attributes gained since log-on will be purged and a 24 hour timer will begin. Any attributes gained after this point will save until the player's second log-out or until the timer reaches 0, at which point their attributes will be purged again. This will allow players to join guilds with temporary attributes, and to prep before potential after game re-boot parties. The attribute purge at the beginning of the command and after 24 hours will hopefully prevent this command from giving players any advantage from using this command.

Command: attribute_save
Mud: Warning, this command will purge all temporary attributes gained during this session and again in 24 hours. Are you sure? y/n

I don't know anything about how hard this would be to code, but it would be a nice tool if it were possible.
solar
Supporting Member 2020

31h boots?

Post by solar »

Seems of marginal, yet of potentially abusably good use.

I can understand how 24h boots can hinder playing experience if they happen right in the middle of your free time, which reminds me of the time we had a flowing reboot sequence (the boot was once every 31h back then), so it was sort of equally good for everyone, regardless of their timezone. If you timed it right, you could grind madz xpz right from the boot, sleep, go about your daily chores and then exp until the boot. All with the same temporary boot-long bonuses (including a lvl 5 ep_minion).

Yet 31h boot became such a hassle for eqpartying, so (I guess) that was one of the reasons we reverted back to 24 boots.

Good times.
Internet tough guy

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.
phadreous
Supporting Member 2012

Post by phadreous »

I see. One way to limit this potential for abuse would be to make it take 10 minutes or so for attributes to reload. It tends to take a bit to get everyone logged back in, back in party after re-boot anyway. While not eliminating the issue this would at least give insta-ready guild member’s first pick of the best areas before the lvl 5 minions came out pillaging.
belannaer
Wizard

Re: 31h boots?

Post by belannaer »

solar wrote: Yet 31h boot became such a hassle for eqpartying, so (I guess) that was one of the reasons we reverted back to 24 boots.
It was very crappy for maintenence purposes too.