Code: Select all
Brown unicorn la unicorn You are looking at brown unicorn.
I'm offering 1 PDF for each mob long description that is...
1) more than 128 characters in length, is written in english and is grammatically mostly correct.
2) this mob desc is still "free", which means it is not yet listed in "list of accepted mob desc submissions / creator" list below.
3) it is for a mob which has its long desc exactly same as its short desc as quoted above (so the long desc actually needs fixing).
4) which isn't found from anywhere if I google it and therefore it is genuine. By submitting the description you agree on giving up ALL intellectual property rights for this description to JÃƒÂ¤ÃƒÂ¤ ry and you will not be able to withdraw it from the game at any later point. Be especially sure the desc is not found from any existing copyrighted material. This responsibility does not end for the submitter in the act of submission - if it is found later from somewhere where it should not be found from will result in a backlash for the submitter. The submitter's name will not be associated with the mob code, but submissions are always traceable back to this forum chain.
5) it is thematically fitting for the mob (if it is a cat, don't write a desc for a dog). You might also want to check its limbs and other combat-mechanically significant parts prior to writing, for example: if the mob has three hands, don't write a desc for two hands, or if it has no eyes, don't write a desc for a mob which has eyes, or if it has wings, don't... ad infinitum.
6) which is accepted by me based on fulfilling the above five points.
Especially well written submissions will earn 2 PDF instead of 1.
To submit a mob desc, submit it into this forum thread as a reply. You see an example submission by me as a reply below this message. You can use it as a template for your submission.
Submitting as forum reply ensures fair play - the submissions are processed in order of their arrival. If two submissions come for the same mob, the one that was submitted (replied) first, and if it is accepted by me, will have the right-of-way to being chosen. The second submission for the same mob, if the first one was accepted, will get no benefit. Once the submission is accepted, it will be listed in the "list of accepted mob desc submissions / creator" list below so you know which mobs do not need to be submitted any more.
NOTE: Avoid mentioning mob size, weight or sex (so consider carefully if you plan on using words like his, her, etc.) in the longdesc unless you deem it is absolutely necessary. This is because size, weight and sex are handled by the game mechanics independently from descriptions.
There is no closing date for this "event". This event is permanently open. Whenever you find monsters without proper long descriptions, you can submit.
The submissions list will be processed in batches. If you have made submissions, which have been accepted and are listed below, and PDF has not arrived immediately, don't worry, you'll get them when the next batch is processed.
List of accepted mob desc submissions, creator:
(creamy) owl, imrael
(strutting) peafowl, imrael
giant boring beetle, imrael
(happy) rat, ezenya
(wiry) mule, ezenya
(hasty) rat swarm, ezenya
(light brown) spitting cobra, ezenya
(blue-green) ice troll, ezenya
(grimacing) quickwood, ezenya
(menacing) giant fire beetle, ezenya
(smirking) half-ogre, ezenya
shepherd dog, ezenya
(ferocious) giant scorption, ezenya
(writhing) chuul, ezenya
(green-skinned) nixie, ezenya
(short) vegepygmy, ezenya
(majestic) tiger, ezenya